International Commission for Historical Demography
Affiliated Organization of the ICHS
The International Committee for Historical Demography (ICHD) is an association of members of different nationalities, whose aim is to encourage the study of the history of population and of human society in general, and to further scientific exchange between researchers.
The ICHD takes an interest in initiatives aiming at the development, the diffusion and the teaching of the science of historical demography.
On this website you will find more information about ICHD and its activities.
For questions on the ICHD or on this website please go to the contact page.
- Call for Papers for the First Conference of the European Society of Historical Demography (ESHD). The conference will take place in Sassari/Alghero, Sardinia, Italy, September 25-27, 2014.
- Launch of Historical Life Course Studies, a new peer-reviewed No-Fee Open Access journal of the European Historical Population Samples Network (EHPS-Net), funded by the European Science Foundation (ESF).
- The program for the conference 'Intermarriage throughout History', 5-8 June 2013 in Cluj-Napoca, can be found on their website.
- EHPS-Net International Summer School in Historical Demography - Introductory course, Babes-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 31 May - 9 June 2013
- Call for papers for the International workshop 'Family crises and social change in comparative perspective, 18th-19th centuries', 22 June 2013, in Albacete/Casas Ibáñez (Spain). See call and poster.
The ICHD is generously sponsored by the following organisations.