Every household will encounter at least one problem with their plumbing regardless of the type of residential unit you have. It is therefore important to schedule regular plumbing servicing with a reliable plumber to ensure that your faucets are working, your toilet isn’t overflowing, and your drains are not clogged. Remember that plumbers also do more than clean the drainpipes, because you can also rely on them to fix your water heater system, gas plumbing, vent system, and exterior drainage system.
Don’t hesitate to call an expert plumber in Singapore if you ever encounter these ten common plumbing problems at home.
1. Replacement of Old Plumbing Works
At some point in the future, you will need to replace your faucets, pipes, and some parts of the toilet. Not only will the replacement of old parts prevent major emergency plumbing repairs, but you will also save money and prevent structural damage to your home. Hidden leaks can eventually destroy the walls, floors, and ceiling of your home, an accident that you could have prevented by simply calling for the nearest plumbing services company in Singapore.
2. Drain Cleaning Services
Drains also need to be cleaned regularly even if you take care not to pour oil, debris, and dirt down the bathroom and kitchen drains. The accumulation of debris can also produce a foul odor and even create leaks if they are not addressed. Consult a plumbing contractor to determine how often your home needs drain cleaning services from one of their plumbers.
3. Rerouting Plumbing Pipes
For families who are planning to move into a new apartment in Singapore, it’s necessary to inspect the plumbing in case of leaks, especially if the apartment is in an old building. You might have to request for a renovation of the unit if the leaks can no longer be fixed simply by replacing the old plumbing pipes. For this type of plumbing works, you should contact a plumbing contractor for the rerouting of the water pipes.
4. Pipe Leak Repair and Unclogging
If your pipes are hidden in the walls or under the floor, it can be difficult to detect leaks and rusting until you see stains and significant damage to the structure. If you happen to see such signs in your home here in Singapore, call a reliable worker to fix rusty pipes and toilet bowl leaks. A 24 hours plumber can take care of any of your piping concerns, including unclogging of your home’s water ways from food, debris, oil, hair and dirt.
5. Toilet Repair
Toilets will also need regular servicing from a reliable plumber in Singapore, especially if it has a lot of issues. Old apartments might need to replace some parts of the plumbing works including the installation of a new toilet to prevent leaks. If it’s an emergency toilet repair, contact a trusted 24 hours plumber who will come to rescue at any time of the day.
6. Fixture Repair, Replacement, and Installation
Although it’s commendable for some households that are doing their own plumbing, the work of a licensed plumber is still different. Do not try to fix, repair, or install your plumbing if you have no experience at all because you might end up spending more money than you initially intended to. There are expert residential-only plumbers you can rely on when you call the best plumbing services company in Singapore.
7. Water Heater Maintenance and Installation
Plumbers are also experts when it comes to the water heater system, that’s because the installation of a dual supply system will need expertise in the planning, layout, and installation of the pipes. If you live in a multi-story residential complex, it is crucial that you hire only an expert plumbing contractor in Singapore to install the system because water heaters are prone to a lot of problems. It will also need regular servicing from a licensed plumber.
8. Sewer Line Blockage Cleaning
If your home’s sewer is located underground, you will need regular servicing from a reliable plumber in Singapore because blockages and breaks in the system can cost you a lot of money for repairs. Just how expensive is it? Well, you will need contractors to dig up the area and to cover it up once it’s done. However, a plumber can offer you cheaper options to repair or clean your sewer.
9. Emergency Plumbing
You should contact a 24 hours plumber if you have broken water pipes, your toilet is acting up, the drains are clogged, the water heater has leaks, or if the sewer line is blocked. These are all considered emergency plumbing issues that can potentially damage your home, cause flooding, and lead to major renovations later. Keep a copy of the contact number of your trusted plumber just in case something needs to be fixed right away. You can prevent most of these, however, if your plumbing often gets regular servicing from a reliable plumber, even if there are no major issues at all.
10. Plumbing Maintenance and Inspection
Finally, you can rely on the best plumbing services company in Singapore for your regular plumbing servicing. If you want to know what the plumber will do during a routine inspection, you can ask for a checklist that might include the following:
• Leak check
• Testing the shut-off valve at each fixture
• Inspection of the joints and pipes that are visible
• Check for corrosion
• Check for strange noises in the shower, tubs, and drains; drain-cleaning
• Check the shower heads and faucet aerators
• Inspect the caulking in the toilet base, sink, tub, and shower
• Inspect the toilet
• Check the water supply in the laundry room
• Check the water pressure
• Replace worn-out parts
• Inspect the water heater and replace the anode rod if needed; and
• Check the temperature of the water from the water heater.
Instead of waiting for problems in your electrical works to appear, you will be able to save more money with regular maintenance and inspection from a licensed electrician in Singapore.
Here are the common electrical problems that will need professional electrician services.
1. Dimming Lights – This can be caused by faulty installation or use of substandard materials. Sometimes, flickering lights are caused by faulty wiring or outlet. When moving into a new apartment in Singapore, make sure to inspect the switches and call a licensed electrician to recommend the correct actions.
2. Faulty Installation – Never take chances when you need repairs done at home. Call an electrician if you need a new appliance installed or if there are persistent problems in your electrical wiring. Faulty installation is a fire hazard and a violation of the building safety codes.
3. Improper Wire Terminations – If you have been relying on do-it-yourself manuals to address minor electrical issues, you probably need to consult a good electrician in Singapore if you’re not confident with the results. For safety reasons, the termination of the wires must be enclosed and nutted properly in a junction box to avoid electrical shocks.
4. Unsafe Wiring – It is not advisable to fiddle with your electrical wiring if you don’t know how to properly hide or bury them. Carelessness can cause accidents or start fires. If you need help with your electrical problems, don’t take chances by fixing it yourself. Call an experienced electrician.
5. Ungrounded Receptacles – If your apartment is more than 30 years old, you need to call an electrical services company in Singapore to perform an inspection to determine if the building follows the updated electrical codes. Outdated electrical works can cause fires and accidents especially in apartment units that do not use a three-wire grounded receptacle. It’s also not advisable to change the receptacles yourself because it has to be grounded properly by a licensed electrician or a 24 hours certified wireman based in Singapore. These professionals passed the electrical license test and can help you in times of emergency.
6. Missing Clamps – Fiddling with your electrical wiring can cause problems if you don’t know how to use a junction. This requires knowledge of the proper methods of protecting wires from abrasion and damage to avoid accidents. Call a good electrician in Singapore if you need new connections installed.
7. Too Many Extension Cords – It’s not advisable to use multiple power strips and extension cords if your apartment has very few electrical sockets. Consult an electrician services firm for a proper assessment and installation of additional receptacles. Extension wires are not only unpleasant to look at, but they could cause accidents.
8. Sparks and Blown Fuses – If you notice burning odors, you need to shut off the power source immediately. It is a sign that there is a serious problem in your electrical wiring. Sparks in your electrical outlets and switches should also not be ignored because these can cause fire.
9. Electrical Shocks – It usually happens whenever you plug in a device. This is harmless, but you should consult a reliable electrician in Singapore just to be safe.
10. Overlamping – This refers to the use of a bulb with a higher wattage than is recommended for a fixture. It seems like a minor problem because anyone can replace bulbs, but you should check the manual or consult an electrician before replacing old bulbs especially if you are renting an old apartment. Some circuits in older residential complexes were not designed to address the needs of some modern appliances and gadgets.
11. Overwired Panel – For this type of problem, you need to call a licensed electrician to perform an inspection. Overwiring a panel means that there are too many circuits than what is recommended for every slot in the panel. It is a safety violation code although it will not necessarily cause fires at home.
12. Tripping Breakers – Some appliances can trip circuit breakers, especially gadgets that consume a lot of energy. If it does work, then it’s good news because it’s protecting your home from possible fires. However, it also signals that your use of electricity is over the limit.
13. High Electrical Bill – Seen changes in your electrical bill lately? You should call the nearest electrician services company because your electrical wiring needs an inspection. The electrician will help you identify which appliances or gadgets are consuming a lot of energy, if there are damaged circuits or wires, or if you need to buy energy-efficient appliances to replace the old ones.
14. Circuit Overload – If your circuit breaker frequently trips, it is possible that you have frequent circuit overloading. Call an electrician if this happens so he/she can recommend the best solution to not having enough power for your electrical needs. If you use a lot of gadgets at home, you are also using a lot of power.
15. Light Switch Issues – If the light switches don’t work properly, call an electrician in Singapore to perform an inspection. Sometimes a simple replacement of the switches is all that is needed, but if you’re unsure about your skills, you should not attempt to fix it yourself.
When contacting a licensed electrician in Singapore, make sure to look for the following qualities and qualifications: license to perform the repair or maintenance, insurance in case an accident happens, recommendations from friends or neighbors, excellent communication skills, an affiliation with an electrician services company, exact quotation for the electrical services required, and experience with the same issues you need addressed.
Finally, the electrician should be able to provide you with a warranty in case his/her work needs a follow-up or if there are other problems that might come up later. You should always keep a number of your trusted electrician in case of emergency.
Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, formerly known as Saigon, is the heart of a rapidly-developing region in Southeast Asia when it comes to local and foreign investments in business, entertainment, and tourism. It’s no wonder than that a lot of foreigners wish to invest in property in Vietnam or look for an apartment for rent in Ho Chi Minh City because of the various opportunities the city has to offer.
Facts on Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City, the city with two names, showcases the best of modern and traditional Vietnam. Prior to its renaming to its current name, it was known in the 17th century as Prey Nokor and was merged with the Gia Dinh Province. The name Saigon, or Sai Gon in Vietnamese, was the term used by the French who occupied the city in the 1860s, although it is still used today by the residents and is sometimes the name for district 1.
What makes it unique among the largest cities in Southeast Asia is that each of its 24 districts or phuon are unique, making it one of the most popular destinations among tourists.
Ho Chi Minh City Districts
There are a total of 24 districts or phuon, so if you’re looking into renting an apartment or letting out home at HCM City here in Vietnam make sure that you know which districts has a community for expats and which areas can best meet your needs. Of the 24 districts, 5 are considered suburban, while 19 are considered central districts.
• District 1. Some of the best apartment for rent in Ho Chi Minh City are found in district 1 or quan 1. Look for a condominium rental in district 1 if you need to get to the Tan Son Nhat International Airport or want to focus on trading and commerce. It is also home to various historical landmarks such as the Jade Emperor Pagoda and Reunification Palace.
• District 2. Look for an apartment for rent in district 2 if you want to enjoy modern Vietnamese culture, because quan 2 has a number recent housing and commercial developments in the area. Visit the Factory of Contemporary Arts Center or learn about history at the Buddhism Institute and Hue Nghiem Pagoda.
• District 3. Rent a house in district 3 if you like entertainment and shopping. Some of the highlights of the district include Saigon Square, Turtle Lake, and War Remnant Museum.
• District 4. You can still find several villa rental deals in quan 4 even if it’s the smallest district in Ho Chi Minh City.
• District 5. It is known for its Chinatown, making it an ideal place to look for an apartment for rent in Ho Chi Minh City if you’re Chinese. Located in quan 5 are several stunning pagodas and temples.
• District 6. Quan 6 is also an ideal place to rent apartment in Saigon if you’re looking for a sizable Chinese community.
• District 7. If you want to find the best Saigon apartment rental deals, go to district 7. It is home to the most luxurious villa rental, condos, and apartments and even commercial districts. A large Korean community is also found in this part of Vietnam.
• District 8. This is an ideal place to rent apartment at HCMC if you want to get away from the busy streets of the other districts. It’s also known for its seafood markets.
• District 9. For those who want to rent apartment in Saigon but not in the busy district, quan 9 offers a respite from the busy commercial districts. There aren’t a lot of shopping areas, but you can enjoy some of the recreational parks.
• District 10. This is an ideal place to look for an apartment for rent in Ho Chi Minh City if you want to enjoy traditional Vietnamese and street food. It’s home to a lot of local entrepreneurs, too.
• District 11. What makes this district famous among the locals is the Dam Sen Water Park. Rent a house here if you want to enjoy summer with your family.
• District 12. It’s the best place to look for a villa rental if you want to enjoy fishing, swimming, and other recreational activities with the family.
• Binh Tan District. If you hate the crowds in the central districts, live at vin homes suite in Ho Chi Minh central park in Vietnam, where you’ll find peaceful community that’s away from the busy centers.
• Bin Thanh District. Can’t get enough of the beautiful rivers in Ho Chi Minh City? Look no further than this district which is at the crossroads of multiple rivers. It also has the best deals to rent apartment in Saigon.
• Go Vap District. This district is still being developed but it has a lot of unique sites for tourists.
• Phu Nhuan District. A mix of the old and the new meet in Phu Nhuan district, ideal place to find a Saigon apartment rental if you want peace and quiet.
• Tan Binh District. One of the busiest districts in Ho Chi Minh City and is the location of the Tan Son Nhat International Airport.
• Tan Phu District. Are you a history buff? If you find houses to stay in D2 Vietnam quite modern, you’ll be rewarded with historical sites and more laidback residential community when you rent a house in this district.
• Thu Duc District. Enjoy the beauty of nature at Thu Duc district with its stork field, temples, and water parks.
• Binh Chanh District. If you want to enjoy a suburban lifestyle, look for the best Saigon apartment rental deals here and enjoy the beauty of nature.
• Can Gio District. If island living is your dream, look no further. Can Gio is the only island district that lets you appreciate local fauna and flora.
• Cu Chi District. If you want to enjoy the comforts of the city but still get a glimpse of Vietnamese countryside, this is the district for you.
• Hoc Mon District. Enjoy the beautiful scenery here with your family and visit the various local markets.
• Nha Be District. Located in the southern part of HCMC, the district is still being developed and is ideal for families looking for a peaceful neighborhood.