- Updated program of the sessions organized by the International Commission for Historical Demography as part of the 22nd International Congress of Historical Sciences in Jinan, China, 23 - 29 August 2015.
- Summer School 'Historical Demography: Reconstructing Life Course Dynamics', at the Radboud University in Nijmegen, the Netherlands, 29 June-10 July.
- Summer Course 'Demography and Event History Analysis using R', at Umeå University, Sweden, 1-12 June 2015.
- EHPS-Net International Summer School in Historical Demography - Introductory course, third edition, at the Babes-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 24-31 May 2015.
- Call for Papers for the First Conference of the European Society of Historical Demography (ESHD), in Sassari/Alghero, Sardinia, Italy, 25-27 September 2014.
- The Centre for Economic Demography at Lund University will hold a summer course in Historical Demographic Research Using Register-Type Data on 11-22 August 2014. The course will cover topics in sources, methods and theories in historical demography and will provide data management training. Application is competitive and the deadline for submission is on March 30. For more information please consult the leaflet.
- EHPS-Net International Summer School in Historical Demography - Introductory course, second edition, at the Babes-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 29 June - 7 July 2014.
- The program for the conference 'Intermarriage throughout History', 5-8 June 2013 in Cluj-Napoca, can be found on their website.
- EHPS-Net International Summer School in Historical Demography - Introductory course, Babes-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 31 May - 9 June 2013
- Call for papers for the International workshop 'Family crises and social change in comparative perspective, 18th-19th centuries', 22 June 2013, in Albacete/Casas Ibáñez (Spain). See call and poster.
- Call for Papers for the Family and Demography Network of the Social Science History Association, in Chicago, November 21-24, 2013.
- Seminar 'Le parrainage en Europe et en Amérique. Pratiques de longue durée, XVIe-XXIe siècle', 6-7 December 2012, Paris-Sorbonne. Programme (in French).
- Call for papers for the session on 'Indirect estimation of age: applications in paleo-, medieval and contemporary demography' during the next International Population Conference in Busan, South Korea, 26-31 August 2013.
- Call for papers for the X Conference of ADEH, 18-21 June 2013 in Albacete, Spain.
- Call for papers for 'Intermarriage throughout History', 5-8 June 2013 in Cluj-Napoca (Romania); in English (pdf).
Seminar 'Population Censuses in Historical Perspective, 1591-2011. Research Networks across Europe', 18-19th June 2012, Madrid. More information in English (pdf).
Call for papers of the Research Center for Historical Geography and Historical Demography, founded at the Faculty of Philosophy, Department of History, Belgrade University for their first thematic collection of papers Population and geographic surrounding in the South-Eastern Europe (12th - 19th century); in English (pdf).
Call for papers for the European Social Science History Congress in Glasgow, April 11-14, 2012.
Call for papers for the Colloque de la Société de Démographie Historique 'Histoire de la parentalité à l'époque moderne et contemporaine' (the call is in French, but French, English, Italian proposals and papers are accepted for the conference), 15th-16th September 2011 in Paris.
Call for papers for the 2nd international workshop on 'Central Europe Population History during 1st Demographic transition' in Cluj, 8th-9th April 2011
Call for papers for the conference on 'Alp-Pop: the Alpine Population Conference' in La Thuile (Aosta Valley, Italy), 9th-12th January 2011
Call for papers for the conference on 'Marriage patterns, household formation and economic development' in Utrecht (The Netherlands), 7th-10th October 2010
Program sessions organized by International Commission for Historical Demography as part of the 21st International Congress of Historical Sciences in Amsterdam (23-28th of August 2010). Programme and schedule (.pdf, 145 Kb)
Call for papers for The International Conference Families in Europe between the 19th and the 21st Centuries. From the Traditional Model to Contemporary PACS in Cluj Napoca (Romania), 8-11 October 2009. Organized by Babeş-Bolyai University (Cluj Napoca) - Center for Population Studies, Romanian Academy - Center for Transylvanian Studies
Call for papers (pdf 17Kb) for the conference Demographic changes in the time of Industrialisation (1750-1918). The example of the Habsburg Monarchy, in Cluj-Napoca, 16-20 October 2008. Organized by "Babeş-Bolyai" University (Cluj-Napoca) - Center for Population Studies, Romanian Academy - Center for Transylvanian Studies, "Karl Franzens" University (Graz) and the Austrian Library.
- Femmes et stratégies transnationales XVIIIe-XXIe siècles. 18 - 20 septembre 2008. Civilisations et Identités Culturelles Comparées des Sociétés Européennes et Occidentales - Université de Cergy-Pontoise. See programme (pdf, 173Kb).
European Social Science History Conference, Lisbon, February 2008.
See the preliminary program and the call for papers (pdf, 38Kb) for the ESSHC family/demography network.
- Sección Especial para el Congreso Familias y Organización social en Europa y América. Murcia-Albacete, 12-14 December 2007. More information (pdf, 2,6Mb).
Incontro di studio - 1977-2007 i trent'anni della Società Italiana di Demografia Storica. 30 November - 1 December 2007, Bologna. More information (pdf, 284Kb)
- Minho International Conference. The transmission of well-being: marriage strategies and inheritance systems in Europe (17th-20th centuries), Portugal, 25-28 April, 2007. In conjunction with an ESTER (European graduate School for Training in Economic and social historical Research) advanced research seminar for PhD students on Transmission of inequality between the generations in Europe, 16th-20th centuries. For more information see Preliminary Program (pdf, 200Kb) or send an email to Antoinette Fauve-Chamoux.
Social Science History Conference, Minneapolis, 2-5 November
The proposed sessions for the Family/Demography network of SSHA are online at www.ssha.org/networks/family_demography.html.
See also the preliminary program.
SIDES Congress, Italy: 'Le grandi transizioni tra '800 e '900. Popolazione, società, economia', Pavia, 28-30 September 2006. See programme (pdf, 109Kb).
World Economic History Congress, Helsinki, August 2006
- 3rd International Congress of economics and human biology, Strasbourg 22-24 June
Final announcement. Papers will be presented in English or French with simultaneous translation toward English. For more information, please contact Professor Michel Hau, University Marc Bloch, Strasbourg or see programme (pdf, 42Kb).
3e Congrès international d'économie et biologie humaine, Strasbourg 22-24 juin
L'Annonce définitive. Les exposés seront donnés en anglais ou en français avec traduction simultanée vers l'anglais. Pour l'information, contacter Professeur Michel Hau, Université Marc Bloch, Strasbourg ou voir la programme (pdf, 33Kb).
European Social Science History Conference, Amsterdam, March 2006
Family and Demography Network, see program
Social Science History Conference, Portland, 4-7 November 2005
Papers and presentations: see www.ssha.org/
ICHD Conference, New Delhi, 19-21 September 2005
Secular Demographic Change: Composition, Pressure on land, Regional variations, Migrations, see Program (pdf, 15Kb)
World History Conference, Sydney, 3-9 July 2005
See Program (pdf, 54Kb)