- The Australian Population Association, check their publication Demoz
- NEHD - Núcleo de Estudos em História Demográfica
- The International Microdata Access Group (IMAG) was formed to foster the international collaboration of researchers who work with historical and contemporary microdata in order to facilitate transnational comparative research.
- The Canadian Century Research Infrastructure (CCRI) is a pan-Canadian and interdisciplinary effort to construct interrelated databases centered on the census enumerations for 1911, 1921, 1931, 1941 and 1951.
- Société de Démographie Historique
- Institut National d'Etudes Démographiques (INED)
- Centre Population et Développement (CEPED). Groupement d'intérêt scientifique INED, IRD, Universités Paris 1, Paris 5 et Paris 10
- The European Association for Population Studies (EAPS) is an international and multidisciplinary forum for population studies with a special focus on Europe's population. It aims to stimulate the interest in population issues among governments, national and international organizations and the general public.
- International Committee for Historical Demography (ICHS)
- H-Demog, the international scholarly online discussion list on demographic history
- International Union for the Scientific Study of Population (IUSSP)
- Società Italiana di Demografia Storica (SIDES)
The Norwegian Demographic Society
Núcleo de Estudos de População e Sociedade (NEPS), the Portuguese HD University Center, University of Minho.
- Populations Studies Centre. Babeş-Boliyai University of Cluj-Napoca (Roumania), see the information sheet (pdf, 216Kb)
- The Instituto de Demografía (Institute of Demography, Madrid) was created as part of the Superior Council for Scientific Research of Spain, its mission is to carry out and promote local, regional, national and international demographic research and analysis.
- Seminario Familia y Elite de Poder. Departamento de Historia Moderna, Contemporánea y de América. Universidad de Murcia
- Asociación de Demografía Histórica. Departament d'Història Contemporánea Facultat de Geografia i Història. Universitat de Barcelona
- Seminario de Historia Social de la Poblaciòn, Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha. Facultad de Humanidades de Albacete
- Centre for Urban History at University of Leicester - they publish a regular newsletter online, with demographic, social and economic research, & conference announcements
- The Minnesota Population Center (MPC) is a University-wide interdisciplinary cooperative for demographic research. The MPC serves more than fifty faculty members and research associates from six colleges and fourteen departments at the University of Minnesota, and employs nearly a hundred research support staff, including computer programmers and technicians, administrative staff, research assistants, and data-entry staff. As a leading developer and disseminator of demographic data, it also serves a broader audience of some 6,000 demographic researchers worldwide.
Le Minnesota Population Center (MPC) anime un programme international de conservation et de dissémination de données de recensements qui sont accessibles, sous conditions, aux chercheurs pour des analyses complémentaires ou comparatives. De nombreux pays ont actuellement mis à disposition des séries de fichiers de recensement. On peut aussi consulter les questionnaires de recensements ou d'enquêtes démographiques du monde entier.
- Population Institute for Research and Training (PIRT)
- Social Science History Association (SSHA)
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR)
The Demographic Data Base (DDB) of the Umea University (Sweden) is responsible for ensuring that historical data from parish registers and parish statistics are easily available for researchers from both Sweden and abroad. DDB's research activities include method development, service for researchers, provision of guest research posts, seminars, conferences etc.
The Historical Sample of the Netherlands (HSN) offers a representative sample of about 80,000 people born in the Netherlands during the period 1812-1922. The HSN-database containing individual life-courses is a unique tool for research in Dutch history and demography. See also: Life Courses in Context (LCC)
The Integrated Public Use Microdata Series (IPUMS) contains two projects. IPUMS-USA is a coherent national census database spanning 1850 to 2000 and IPUMS-International is a project dedicated to collecting and distributing census data from around the world.
The North Atlantic Population Project (NAPP) will create a harmonized international database of complete count censuses of Canada, Great Britain, Iceland, Norway, and the United States in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
The History of Work website offers information on occupations in the past.